1. Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site you have to come back and give the link here so I/Kris can mosey on over and see if you answered correctly have a sticky beak.
2. You have to tag two other people once your done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3. Instead of a meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferably a twofer. It is an m/m meme after all. ;)
The hardest thing of this whole thing was choosing which cookie to let you all gnaw on! Too many choices! So here's a twofer and a singlet all for you.
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction?
I read my first m/m book in June 2008.
2. What was the first book you read in this genre?
Fatal Shadows by Josh Lanyon
3. Are you 'out' as a reader?
Kinda? Some of my friends know, and my boss...as well as all of my virtual friends. My hubby, after meeting Lisabea, knows that I read it but for some reason thinks I only read her books. I have no idea where he got that idea, it's not like I hide what I'm reading.
4. Ebooks, print or both?
I have a couple of print books but mostly ebooks.
5. Do you buy direct from publishers or from secondary sellers?
Both, but mostly from sellers.
6. Prove you're a Book Slut. How many books would you say you buy a week?
Books in general? I average about 25 a month. I go in spurts with the m/m and buy a bunch at a time...maybe it averages out to 2 a week? I don't have a clue.
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer?
Blurb mostly. If the blurb gets me then I'll read an excerpt, but not always.
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them?
Most of the time, yes. Although if it's a book that I'm looking forward to reading I usually don't read the review because I want no spoilers.
9. Who's your fave publisher?
I don't think I have a favorite.
10. What about authors? Your top two only!!
2? Are you insane? I can't narrow it down to 2! Ok, I'll try:
Josh Lanyon & JL Langley
11. Is there a sub-genre you particularly dis/like?
I'm not a huge fan of fantasy in general so that would go for m/m as well.
12. Short or long?? *rolls eyes* And, no, I'm not talking about cocks.
I probably read more shorts or novellas than longer books but I like both. I like thick ones as well. Heh. Print books you pervs!
13. Anything turn you off about m/m or is all just glorious smut to you?
I think I'm with Jenre - not a fan of shifted sex. I can read it but it really has to be done well - and that's saying something since I love shapeshifter stories.
14. Finish this sentence. You know it's m/m twu wuv when...
the fat lady sings. No? Ok, then how about ...they admit they're gay.
15. What trope or theme are you heartily sick of in m/m romance?
Can't say I'm totally sick of it but there have been a ton of GFY stories out there lately.
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for a m/m/m who would they be?
Rhys (Langley's With or Without series)/David Cooke (LB Gregg's Happy Ending)/Ridley (KZ Snow's Seeking Something Wicked)
17. What new GLBTQ release are you most hanging out for right now?
The Dark Tide (AE book 5) by Josh Lanyon
18. What GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year?
Almost Like Being in Love by Steve Kluger. That is closely followed up by The White Knight by Josh Lanyon - Loved them both like chocolate.
19. What do you think we'll see more of in m/m romance in 2010?
Women? lol Just kidding. I'd have to agree with Jenre and say Steampunk
20. Don't you agree that author Josh Lanyon should kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan?
Absolutely not! You leave Jake alone!
OK, so I now have to tag two people - just don't either of you blame me. Remember this whole thing is Kris' idea.