Announcement: Blog Closing

Hello my friends,

After some deep thought and a few, ok many, internal arguments I've decided to close Tracy's Place.  It wasn't an easy decision as I've been blogging here for 6 years.  When I began in 2008 I never thought I'd even blog this long!  I've met some incredible women and men that I wouldn't have met otherwise and have read a shit ton of books that I might never have known about had I not started blogging.  You all have been so wonderful and supportive throughout the years and it's been incredibly awesome.

My life has been crazy lately and instead of life getting easier as my kids get older I'm finding that it's actually more complicated.  On top of that I've taken a part-time job with LB Gregg that should keep me suitably busy (er).

It seems that the blog has been suffering in the past few months and the last thing I want to do is have a blog that slowly peters out.  I'd rather stop while I feel like I'm ahead...kinda.

Don't worry, however, I won't be completely absent from the blogosphere. I'll still be a guest reviewer at The Book Binge and while I'll leave Tracy's Place up for a while, Book Binge has been incredibly kind and they've offered to eventually absorb my content to their blog so that all of this beauty *snort* won't be lost.  I'll also still be posting ratings on Goodreads and now that I'm not blogging here I may even post reviews there - novel concept, I know. :)

So..as of today it's goodbye to Tracy's Place but not to Tracy.  (Sorry, not getting rid of me that easily folks!)

Love you all!

12 comments:

Chris said...

Ack! Even tho I'm horrible at commenting these days, I do follow along. But I also completely understand = it's amazing how exhausting blogging can be.

Guess I'll see you on GRs. :)

Tam said...

Times change. We all move our lives in different directions and blogs do take up time. It's difficult to sustain over the long-haul without it really being a "business". My blog has kind of died. I just haven't had the time/energy to focus on it the last 6 months. We'll see once I'm settled. Or maybe not. Who knows. :-) Good luck with your new projects and that kid stuff. ;-)

Hilcia said...

Tracy! I'm glad that you have so much going for you, but I'm sorry to lose you here at Tracy's Place. I follow your content faithfully.

I understand, however, how tough it is to keep up with a blog when everything around you is going full steam ahead.

I'm looking forward to your reviews at Goodreads and at The Book Binge! Good luck with your job with LBG! And with all the rest!

XOXO

Lori said...

I'll miss your blog. I think so many of us are in the same boat. And you are so right about the kids getting more complicared insread if easier.

Great news about LB!

I should probably officially do the same. But I keep thinking maybe I'll get back to it... sigh.

Also, I miss you! Let's find a day to do lunch before school gets so hectic.

Tracy said...

Thanks everyone. You all have been so good about your support through the years. It's hard to let go but...it's time to seek out other adventures in life, right? Oh wait, I just get to deal with the adventures I have now, darn. lol

The_Book_Queen said...

Oh, I'll miss you! I admit, I haven't been commenting like I used to, but I still pop in weekly to visit the blog! But I understand; it's better to leave on a happy note, and not later when you are at your wits end!

See you around, Tracy! :)

Enjoy,
TBQ

Sandy James said...

So sorry to see Tracy's Place close, but I totally understand just how crazy life can get!!
*hugs*
Sandy

Kassa said...

Congratulations on the new part time job. Whatcha doing? Did I miss it?

Anyway good luck and smart to leave while the leaving is good. I'm glad you're not disappearing though. I read your blog faithfully so I'll have to transition to GR now!

Rowena said...

((((Hugs))))) I'll miss your weekly WHAT I READ THIS WEEK posts but I'm glad that we'll be able to host your content so that it won't be completely lost. You're family!

Hugs and if you guys get together (Lori), let me know...Holly and I are planning to get together soon too. We should all get together. I miss you guys!

nath said...

Awww, an era is over.

See you over at Book Binge! :P

Tracy said...

Thanks all.

Kassa - No, the LB thing is new and just happened in the last week or so, you didn't miss anything. :) I'm her assistant at the moment. We're just trying to get a feel for the whole thing at the moment but I think it'll be good. :)

SidneyKay said...

Tracy, sorry to say goodbye to Tracy's Place. You have helped me in so many ways, and guided me through so unsure moments. I will continue to see you at Goodreads and Book Binge. Take it easy.